- This event has passed.
March 8, 2022 @ 7:00 pm MST
Caucus will be held on March 8th at 7 PM (please arrive early for registration).
Thinking about running as a delegate on Caucus night & wondering which candidates you will be vetting at convention? Find them on our Elections tab!
What is Caucus and How can You be part of it?
First, you will need to find which precinct you are in. There are three ways to find your precinct:
- Cache County Precinct interactive map (type your address in search bar): https://cacheut.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=390a2425a5964f48a97f3064eedbd749
- State Party’s Caucus Locator tool: https://precinctportal.org/
- State of Utah’s voter website: https://vote.utah.gov/
Next, you will need to be registered as a Republican in order to vote at Republican Caucus meetings. Find your voter registration info here: https://votesearch.utah.gov/voter-search/search/search-by-voter/voter-info
Caucus is a meeting held in every precinct (neighborhood) where you will elect your neighbors to be Delegates who will represent your neighborhood precinct at Republican State & County Conventions. You will also elect Precinct Officers who help run caucus meetings and participate in county party meetings/events throughout the year.
We encourage you to run to be a delegate and find out how you can be part of this grassroots, representative, system! Running is easy! Just attend your precinct caucus and share with your neighbors why you want the opportunity to represent them.
Delegates research Republican candidates running for office by attending Meet the Candidate nights or contacting the candidates directly in order to make an informed decision at the Republican Nominating Convention where votes will be cast to nominate the candidates who will move on to the Republican Primary Election.
Don’t have time to be a delegate? Your voice doesn’t end at caucus! Reach out to your delegates and let them know which candidates for office you support.
YOU can be involved in every step of the process!
What are the 2022 Convention dates? Which offices are up for election?
(For candidate info, visit our Elections tab)
County Nominating Convention will be held on March 26, 2022 at 4 PM at Green Canyon High School. County and Ex-Officio delegates will be nominating candidates for the following offices:
- County Executive (all precincts)
- County Attorney (all precincts)
- County Clerk/Auditor (all precincts)
- County Sheriff (all precincts)
- County Council Logan Seat #3 (precincts LOG 05,06,07,08,10,11,14,19,20)
- County Council Northeast (precincts SMI 04,05,08; HYD 01,02,03; NLG 01,02,03,04,05,06)
- County Council Southeast (precincts CY; MIL 01,02; NIB 01,02,03,04; PRO 01,02,03,04,05,06; RVH 01,02)
- State House #2 – previously HD3 – (precincts AMA; BEN; HYD 01,02,03; LEW; LOG 01,02,09; MEN 01; NLG 01,02,03,04,05,06; SMI 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08; TRE)
- State House #3 – previously HD4 – (precincts COV; LOG 03,04,05,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,15,16, 17,18,19,20,21,23; RCH 01,02; RVH01)
- State House #5 (precincts CY; HYR 01,02,03,04,05; LOG 22,24,25; MEN 02; MIL 01,02; NIB 01,02,03,04; PAR; PRO 01,02,03,04,05,06; RVH 02; WEL 01,02,03)
State Nominating Convention will be held on April 23, 2022 8 AM at Mountain America Expo Center 9575 State St. Sandy, UT 84070. State and Ex-Officio delegates will be nominating candidates for the following offices:
- U.S. Senate (all precincts)
- U.S. Congressional District #1 (all precincts)
- State Treasurer (all precincts)
- State School Board District #1 (all precincts)
- State Senate District #1 – multi-county district – previously SD17 (precincts HYR 01,02,03,04,05; NIB 01,02,03,04; MIL 02; PAR; WEL 01,02,03)
- State House District #1 – multi-county district (precincts CLK, COR, NEW)
Find Federal/State Candidates here: https://elections.utah.gov/2022-candidate-filings
Find County Candidates here: https://www.cachecounty.org/officials/candidatedeclarations.html