When Cache County voters fill out their ballots this November, it will be more than just checking the box for president and other elected offices. Residents will also be deciding whether to create a water conservancy district.
The Cache County Republican Party is not endorsing either side of this issue, but does encourage voters to educate themselves and vote in November. On that note, the following links to information may be helpful:
• Official site of the Cache Water District
• Richmond City Resolution to allow residents to decide on the district (It has good, succinct information explaining the district’s purpose, funding and board of trustees.)
• FOR: “Arguments in support of Cache Water District,” Letter to the Editor, Herald Journal, April 28, 2016.
• FOR: “Cache Water District Pushes for inclusion on November Ballot,” news article, Herald Journal, May 7, 2016.
• “Soapbox: Many Questions Remain about the Cache Water District Proposal,” Opinion, Herald Journal, June 24, 2016.
• AGAINST: “Soapbox: Arguments against the Cache Water District,” Opinion, Herald Journal, June 16, 2016.