From the Cache County Republican Party Platform on Taxation and Public Spending:
2. TAXATION. The combined burden and complexity of Federal, state, and local taxes are too severe. Republicans support tax reforms at each level, including reducing tax rates, simplifying tax rules and reports, shifting taxing authority from the Federal to state and local governments, fully disclosing all taxes imposed indirectly through businesses, and limiting taxes by popular vote and constitutional law.
3. PUBLIC SPENDING. Governments should live within their means. All budget items should be reviewed regularly and made subject to sunset laws, with unnecessary functions eliminated rather than reduced. We support increased privatization of government operations and we propose a review of all local and state operations to determine which can be done as well or better by competitive enterprises.
- January 18 @ 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm MST at Thomas Edison Charter School – North Campus
- January 21 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm MST at Clarkston Town Hall
- January 22 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm MST at Thomas Edison Charter School – South Campus
- March 7 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm MST at Thomas Edison Charter School – North Campus
- March 21 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm MDT at The Riverwoods Conference Center
|Vice Chair||Shellie Giddings||435-881-7529||vicechair@CacheGOP.com|